CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of refrigeration and HVAC projects. Provides estimates for sales proposals and job bids; forecasts manpower requirements; manages financial performance on projects and jobs including analysis and reporting on job status and performance; maintains positive working relationships and coordination with General Contractors and subcontractors; and ensures customer satisfaction. Provides leadership and supervision to the assigned construction team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with sales, engineering and field construction management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Select staff and/or subcontractors with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Manage project staff and/or subcontractors according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained in cooperation with Human Resources Management.
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.
- In coordination with the Field Construction Manager, execute the project according to the project plan.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities according to company forms and procedures.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Write reports on the project for senior management.
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures.
- Monitor revenue and cost projections and report actual and variance to senior management on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for senior management.
- Ensure that the project deliverable are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Document lessons learned to improve performance of future projects.
- Other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Expert knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the refrigeration, HVAC and electrical trade.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial construction industry, principles and practices related to project estimation, labor forecasting, etc.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, ability to proactively address customer issues and concerns.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead diverse multi-disciplined workforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management skills including knowledge of automated project management tools.
- Will work in an office environment but field visits to construction sites may be needed.
- May be required to work some weekends and evenings to meet project milestones as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or construction management preferred.
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in project management capacity in the commercial construction, refrigeration/HVAC industry.
- Supermarket/grocery store industries experience a plus.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV) is required for all positions. CoolSys is an EOE/M
Service Tech, refridgeration, HVAC, refrigeration, HVAC-R, HVAC/R, diagnostic, commercial, service, install, installer, installation, mechanical, mechanic, apprentice, AC, field service, chiller, mgr, lead, supervisor, leader, regional, HVACR