Location: Columbia, SC, United States
With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer locations across North America daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers – because of this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
· Ongoing Education & Training
· Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
· Industry-leading Benefit Packages
· Advanced support and tools designed to improve your workflow
· Pay from $35-45/HR *depending on experience
· Sign-on bonus up to $10,000.00
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
· Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
· Paid vacation and holidays
· 401(K) match
· Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
· Tuition reimbursement
· Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to invest in YOUR career growth
· Opportunities available nationwide
· Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
· Pet Insurance
· Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
General Statement of Duties
The responsibility of an HVAC Service Technician is to perform startup, maintenance, and repair operations pertaining to complex, heating and cooling systems and associated control systems on light/heavy commercial building, including but not limited to, military bases, hospitals, K-12 and higher ed buildings. The technician is responsible for maintaining the quality of work at acceptable company standards, and for representing the company to the customer in a manner that conveys effective communication and a positive working relationship.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
· Perform journey-level HVAC work in installation, Start-up and repair of a wide variety of systems that may include RTU, chillers, boilers, heat pumps, air handlers, cooling towers, hydronic systems, multi-zone, VFD, VRF, VAV, VSD systems, gas/electric water heaters, steam and water source systems, controls and automation systems as well as refrigeration: DX, CO2, Glycol, Propane, Ammonia.
· Scope of work also includes, but is not limited to leading a team, assigning work to semiskilled workers, inspecting work of semi-skilled workers, assisting other skilled HVAC mechanics, working in varying weather, work conditions, and working at varying heights.
· All work is reviewed by Service Manager and Division Management in progress and upon completion for adherence to established maintenance and repair standards.
· Work is performed in varying weather and working at varying heights requiring the use of ladders and under established and enforced safety conditions.
Illustrative examples of Work
· Train semi-skilled workers in procedures and methods, use of tools, recognition of parts and other skills.
· Repair: pneumatic thermostats, controls, control circuits, evaporators, condensers, air handlers, chillers, pumps, circulation pumps, supply lines, air compressors, steam/other regulating valves and sensors, energy recovery ventilators (ERV’s) and associated gas pack
· Supervise, participate, and inventory parts, supplies, and tools on service truck
· Clean cooling towers, replace filters, lubricate equipment, inspect, and replace parts and components
· Pick up parts and supplies from vendors keeping accurate receipts and records on every purchase.
· Operate computerized scheduling and troubleshooting heating and cooling control system.
· Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
· Strict adherence to OSHA safety standards at all times.
· Adherence to attendance policies.
· Attendance to training sessions on new technology as it becomes available
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Work without direct supervision.
· Deal diplomatically and effectively with customers.
· Work within standards of accuracy and make decisions based on measurable criteria; and comprehend technical data.
· Be physically capable of working easily and skillfully with hands, lift and carry objects, see well (either naturally or with correction,) climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds, and stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· Have knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations.
· Have the ability to coordinate and perform multiple activities in a timely manner.
· Have the ability to maintain a sense of urgency, but remain calm, when handling emergencies.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of the HVAC trade.
· Thorough knowledge of methods, tools, parts, and equipment used in HVAC trade.
· Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions in work area.
· Thorough knowledge of diagnostic troubleshooting of HVAC equipment.
· General knowledge of diagnostic troubleshooting of direct digital controls.
· Ability to understand and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to read and interpret service manuals and schematics drawings.
· Ability to maintain accurately routine records.
· Ability to exercise the physical strength and agility necessary to perform job tasks, with a minimum of 50 lbs. lifting and carrying capacity and occasional 75 lb. lifting capacity.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, sales engineers, and customers.
· Ability to work overtime/out of town travel on short notice, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Desirable Education and Experience
· Graduation from high school or equivalent.
· At least four (4) years commercial/light-commercial HVAC experience supplemented by course work in a related trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
· HVAC Contractors license preferred.
· Start Up experience good to have, but can train
· Possession of a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to pass pre-employment screening.
· Hold a valid CFC certification - preferably
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
CoolSys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. CoolSys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
Refridgeration, HVAC, refrigeration, HVAC-R, HVAC/R, diagnostic, commercial, service, install, mechanical, mechanic, apprentice, AC, field service, chiller, specialist, HVACR, supermarket, rack systems, Pool Units, Ozone Water Purification, Bi-polar Air purification, Ultra Volitant lights, Refrigerant Piping, Maglev Compressors, Screw Compressors, Reciprocating Compressors, Semi-Hermetic Compressors, Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger, Plate Frame Heat Exchanger, Energy Recover Units, Outside Air Units, Building Automation Controls, Pneumatic Building Controls.