With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
*THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION*
We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay up to $70,000 per year, depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
The Credit and Collections Supervisor plays a key role in monthly forecasting, tracking and reporting on installation project revenue and margins in partnership with the Mid-Atlantic region’s operating teams. Specifically, this role is directly responsible for oversight of the region’s customer credit assessment, payment and collections processes, as well as partnering with sales, leadership and installation teams to ensure revenue and margin goals are achieved. This role is both hands-on and supervisory in nature and optimizes sales, ongoing project installation execution and reduces loan exposure by carefully assessing customer creditworthiness, conducting periodic reviews of existing customers and negotiating payment plans to support revenue and margin forecasts. Approximately 60% of this role’s focus is on credit-related responsibilities. Supervises at least two department team members.
- Review and analyze key credit information to ensure credit viability of potential and existing CoolSys customers, and establish appropriate contract terms to optimize timely payments.
- Provide monthly analysis and review of open projects. Appropriately forecast project elements (labor, material, subcontractors, rentals, tax and per diem) necessary to complete the project.
- Identify opportunities to improve margin, and call out issues that will result in reduced margin. Document reasons for large negative and positive adjustments during the forecasting process.
- Train and mentor team members with respect to the execution of collection responsibilities and engage in hands-on collection activities in partnership with team members
- Negotiate payment plans for delinquent customers
- Oversee and finalize project closing process. Review closed projects for Field Operations Incentive programs. Ensure updated final forecast for jobs that are out of warranty.
- Administer prevailing wage program in compliance with DOL requirements, and incorporate rates into project cost structure
- Communicate promptly with Region leadership regarding concerns, risks and ongoing updates
- Communicate regularly with sales team regarding credit or collection issues involving their accounts
- Analyze payment patterns and perform account reconciliations
- Oversee ongoing communications with project managers and estimators regarding project execution timelines, risks, and associated impacts on revenue recognition
- Interact with customers with the utmost professionalism, sometimes under challenging circumstances, in order to achieve win-win outcomes
- Assist region leadership with ad-hoc reports and special projects
- Identify process improvements and work with direct reports and peers to ensure execution of same
- Process and/oversee credit card transactions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College education in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field highly preferred.
- At least 2 years experience working in Project/Job Forecasting, preferably in a construction or similar environment.
- At least 2 years experience working in a B2B credit and collections capacity.
- Strong results orientation with a bias toward action.
- Proven ability to comply with all applicable State and Federal laws, as well as established credit, forecasting and collections procedures.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to forge strong working relationships with customers and proactively address their concerns.
- Ability to “look around corners” and identify and communicate risks on a timely basis.
- Ability to build trusted partnerships with internal stakeholders and peers including operations leadership, project managers and sales teams.
- Demonstrated business acumen including the ability to solve problems, apply good judgment, and read/understand a P&L and associated levers.
- Proficiency in managing multiple assignments, prioritizing and balancing competing priorities.
- Experience managing other administrative team members is a plus.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Coolsys is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
Installation Finance Manager, HVAC Finance, Trades Finance, Financial Management, Construction Finance, Project Finance, Budgeting, Cost Control, Financial Analysis, Revenue Management, Capital Expenditure, Cash Flow Management, Project Budgeting, Contract Finance, HVAC Industry Finance #jm2023