With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer locations across North America daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers – because of this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your workflow
- Pay from $30-$45/HR
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
This position is responsible to lead, train and mentor the project crew, prioritize and delegate responsibilities, communicate with the trades people on the job site, and track project schedule to ensure projects are completed efficiently, accurately and on-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as Lead Technical resource on assigned projects.
- Reports on job status and performance.
- Controls job costs.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with peers, customers, GCs and subcontractors.
- Ensures use of PPE and the application of safe behavior, including vehicle safety, by all employees.
- Ensures compliance of Installation policies and procedures, including project tracking, safety, time and attendance, etc.
- May oversee 3rd party resources.
- Directs and oversees the work of other Apprentices and Journeyman assigned to specific projects.
- High school diploma, GED, or completion of trade program or technical school. College degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial building construction or other related industry/trade,
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices, including efficient use of labor hours.
- Ability to organize tasks.
- Ability to use good judgment in making work assignments.
- Ability to give clear instructions and guidance, as needed.
- Ability to maintain project labor hours within acceptable limits and request change orders as needed.
- Ability to ensure safe work practices and ensure compliance with Safety policies.
- Ability to understand and follow all company policies and procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Track record of punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to use computer tools including E-Mail, Word, Project Planning Software (Projectmates), etc.
- Ability to manage time, delegate assignments and follow through to ensure good results.
- Opportunities available NATIONWIDE!
- State of the are training facility to invest in YOUR career growth.
- Career growth – WE promote from within!
- Industry leading healthcare package with 401(K) matching (50% up to 8%)
- Consistent company growth with stability.
- Competitive pay.
- Yearly performance appraisals.
- Dispatched directly from home, company vehicle provided, and gas card.
Coolsys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance