With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer locations across North America daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers – because of this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your workflow
- Pay from $18 - 25 *based on experience
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
This Service Technician role will be completing PM’s on ice machine’s, reach in coolers, walk in’s and HVAC equipment, to ensure customer needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time.
This technician will work the day shift 7:30am - 4:00 pm, with occasional days having to start earlier/work later.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and overhauling equipment, such as compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control devices in a safe, efficient and timely manner that exceeds customers’ expectations
- May provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment, such as air conditioning units, evaporative condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces, compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the customer base.
- Test malfunctioning systems and components using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Maintain legible corporate and personal records of work history.
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Drives company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED.
- EPA certification not required, but good to have.
- Certification from an accredited vocational-technical or trade school a plus!
- Preferred to be with an hour or less of Charlotte, NC.
- Experience working on refrigeration equipment in convenience stores or supermarkets a strong plus.
- Familiarity with single systems and rack systems along with previous work on display cases and walk-in boxes is very helpful.
- Must have a good driving record and be able to work independently.
- Emergency on-call availability is a basic requirement.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. with no assistance and also be able to sit and/or stand for several hours at a time.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Coolsys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.