With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer locations across North America daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers – because of this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your workflow
- Pay from $30 - $50/hour
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
This position is responsible to assist in the repair and overhaul equipment, refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and overhauling equipment, such as compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control devices in a safe, efficient and timely manner that exceeds customers’ expectations
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment, such as air conditioning units, evaporative condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces, compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the customer base.
- Test malfunctioning systems and components using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Maintain legible corporate and personal records of work history.
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Provides support by picking up, delivering and installing cases.
- Perform work on minor construction and remodeling projects including startups of new installations.
- Drives company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED.
- EPA certification.
- Certification from an accredited vocational-technical or trade school a plus!
- Minimum 3-4 years of commercial refrigeration experience required.
- Experience working on refrigeration equipment in convenience stores or supermarkets a strong plus.
- Familiarity with single systems and rack systems along with previous work on display cases and walk-in boxes is very helpful.
- Must have a good driving record and be able to work independently.
- Emergency on-call availability is a basic requirement.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. with no assistance and also be able to sit and/or stand for several hours at a time.
- Must have Rhode Island RJ1 or RJ2 licenses
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.