With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer locations across North America daily.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers – because of this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your workflow
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
- Pay $24-$29
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support on construction job by piping cooler boxes and refrigeration cases, including electrical wiring as required to complete the project.
- Provides the required installation of pipe hangers as directed by the foreman.
- Provides construction support by welding and slip hosing copper pipes, and assists the foreman as needed on the job.
- Provides support by handing cooler box coils and installing new supermarket refrigeration systems or remodeling existing supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to wire installations.
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and piping of refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings, and ability to pipe refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration, electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to hang evaporation coils and install overhead hangers.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience and trade or technical school classes
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry preferred and hands on field experience in commercial refrigeration, electrical and/or fixtures construction
- EPA Certification (Type II)
- Experience in copper brazing, market remodeling
- Good driving record
- Able to be travel out of state throughout the week to remain near the jobsite
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer