With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
- Pay range from $22 to $26/hr
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for procurement of materials (Indirect/Direct) to support the organization’s service delivery and supply chain needs, while ensuring an effective, efficient cost-savings model. Following company policies, procedures and practices related to procurement of goods and services remains a priority for working within a newly established quality management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for placing purchase orders via the department’s software system in accordance with
- Establish a solid rapport with the Suppliers, Service Managers and Technicians within your assigned region/commodity to ensure we are meeting collective customer and business outcomes.
- Communicate with field employees and customers on required quotes, final bids, and/or purchases.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers to provide status and ETA on all quotes/purchase orders written by each individual buyer.
- Resolve pricing and invoice issues with suppliers/vendors in timely manner while adhering to customer service guidelines, as well as financial compliance/controls.
- Monitor and problem solve via phone calls/emails that come in on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring compliance with customer contract requirements and executing within established guidelines.
- Receive parts and equipment and update database for proper tracking when necessary.
- Prepare, analyze and negotiate quotes with suppliers for efficient delivery of products and services to our customers.
- Responsible for verifying orders are placed and tracked with preferred vendors via approved supplier list where possible (i.e. meets the requirement of the customer contract and business requirement).
- Performs work with a desire to drive process/continuous improvement methodologies and a desire to create efficiencies within the organization.
- Update 3rd party systems according to customer and supplier contractual guidelines.
- Track and monitor return material authorizations (RMA’s) against purchasing agents assigned PO’s.
- Review and approve requisitions and create purchase orders and send them to approved vendors.
- Supervise orders and determine if product quantity/quality is sufficient and meets specifications if given. Make appropriate adjustments to orders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports, records, and updated unit cost and retail price lists.
- Interact with suppliers daily to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Track on time delivery metrics by supplier and report any issues with product or delivery.
- Monitor status of orders and contracts daily.
- Calculate all order costs and evaluate invoices for accuracy in partnership with accounts payable team.
- Determine when products are unusable or damaged and need to work with materials team on RMA's. Includes working with suppliers on end of service/product life strategies.
- Handle deliveries with short or over-ordered product, goods not received, and damaged items.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating to senior leadership/c-suite levels
- Excellent analytical skills including being able to prepare business cases, cost/benefit analysis, purchase price variance scenarios, and more
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of refrigeration product and service purchasing policies and practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient typing skills to properly document dictation to update systems
- Demonstrated ability to document and report information essential for the resolution and communication with both internal and customer
- Good communication (verbal & written) skills
- Ability to use computer systems (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in purchasing parts for technicians in an assigned service location
- Demonstrated ability to document and report information essential for the resolution and effectively communicate with management
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and maintain focus and productivity under pressure
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- REQUIRED: High school diploma with 1-3 years of work experience in procurement/purchasing.
- PREFERRED: Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or related fields and 1+ years of experience in a similar position. Prefer sourcing experience in Field Services industry and/or high rate specialized production environment, including experience preparing formal RFP’s/RFQ’s and completing negotiations.
Today, there are 24 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Coolsys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
Junior purchasing agent, Procurement support, Inventory management, Sourcing, Negotiation skills, Order fulfillment, Cost analysis, Supply chain coordination, Vendor negotiations, Buying and procurement, purchasing agent, buyer, procurement specialist #jm2024