Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Industrial Sales Engineer - Remote
With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
The Industrial Sales Engineer identifies Industrial Design/Build refrigeration and HVAC system install opportunities, builds relationships with customers and general contractors, and wins profitable business for CoolSys in their assigned territory. This position is accountable for meeting assigned revenue and profit targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Research assigned territory to identify potential opportunities, under-served markets, and potential untapped and underutilized revenue opportunities that are aligned with CoolSys strategy.
· Manages the entire sales process from lead generation through closing, effectively developing and managing the sales pipeline to achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
· Directly communicate with customers to design and build new and/or remodeled/upgraded HVAC and refrigeration systems by understanding their needs and providing solutions that work with the structure’s layout, materials requirements, and budget.
· Facilitate quote communications and/or formal proposals for presentation to the customer.
· Coordinate with CoolSys stakeholders to provide cost estimates, drawings, energy projections, construction schedules, and other deliverables as needed.
· Assist estimators in developing cost estimates for design, engineering, fabrication, and construction of projects.
· Provide customers with install project advisory support (i.e., application of appropriate systems such as recirculation, flooded, DX, trans-critical CO2, etc.) and HVAC and refrigeration equipment (e.g., compressors, condensers, evaporators, etc.).
· Work diligently with customers, engineers, project managers, and other professionals throughout the entire construction process, including coordination of any changes that a customer may need or request.
· Comply with all required sales processes including operating within approved pricing parameters and keeping our CRM software (Salesforce) current.
· Comply with all customer on-boarding processes when adding new customers to company's portfolio.
· Responsible for the successful on-boarding of new customers, including the transition to the Account Management team.
· Build end customer relationships to close profitable sales of industrial project work while also pursuing service contract attachment for install customers.
· Work with the VP of Sales to proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer and regional market needs on an ongoing basis.
· Work with VP of Sales to develop an annual install project pipeline forecast and sales growth plan with monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics.
· Act as a technical expert for CoolSys internal stakeholders on HVAC and refrigeration systems.
· Cross-sell other applicable CoolSys solutions whenever possible (i.e., service contracts, EMS, energy reduction solutions).
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
· Must have either a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or an equivalent work experience.
· Bachelor's degrees in Business, Marketing, or related field is preferred if has work experience in mechanical engineering
· Experience in the HVAC and refrigeration construction industry is required.
· Knowledge of commercial and industrial refrigeration and HVAC is required.
· Prior success selling Design-Build install projects is required.
· Minimum of 7-10 years HVAC and Refrigeration sales experience, including demonstrated success in selling and managing install projects as well adding new customers to a company's portfolio.
· Ability to generate leads, develop sales strategies, and close new business.
· Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts.
· Prior success selling service and maintenance agreements is preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
· Ability to work with AutoCAD is preferred.
· Experience using Salesforce.com or a similar CRM software program is preferred.
· Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
Today, there are 25 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
CoolSys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. CoolSys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.