With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay ($23-$27/hr depending on experience)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
The Warehouse Purchasing Agent is responsible for procurement of materials (Indirect/Direct) to support the organization’s service delivery and supply chain needs, while ensuring an effective, efficient cost-savings model and also serves as a Warehouse Coordinator. Following company policies, procedures and practices related to procurement of goods and services remains a priority for working within a newly established quality management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Purchasing)
- Responsible for placing purchase orders via the department’s software system in accordance with
- Establish a solid rapport with the Suppliers, Service Managers and Technicians within your assigned region/commodity to ensure we are meeting collective customer and business outcomes.
- Communicate with field employees and customers on required quotes, final bids, and/or purchases.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers to provide status and ETA on all quotes/purchase orders written by each individual buyer.
- Resolve pricing and invoice issues with suppliers/vendors in timely manner while adhering to customer service guidelines, as well as financial compliance/controls.
- Monitor and problem solve via phone calls/emails that come in on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring compliance with customer contract requirements and executing within established guidelines.
- Receive parts and equipment and update database for proper tracking when necessary.
- Prepare, analyze and negotiate quotes with suppliers for efficient delivery of products and services to our customers.
- Responsible for verifying orders are placed and tracked with preferred vendors via approved supplier list where possible (i.e. meets the requirement of the customer contract and business requirement).
- Performs work with a desire to drive process/continuous improvement methodologies and a desire to create efficiencies within the organization.
- Update 3rd party systems according to customer and supplier contractual guidelines.
- Track and monitor return material authorizations (RMA’s) against purchasing agents assigned PO’s.
- Review and approve requisitions and create purchase orders and send them to approved vendors.
- Supervise orders and determine if product quantity/quality is sufficient and meets specifications if given. Make appropriate adjustments to orders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports, records, and updated unit cost and retail price lists.
- Interact with suppliers daily to develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
- Track on time delivery metrics by supplier and report any issues with product or delivery.
- Monitor status of orders and contracts daily.
- Calculate all order costs and evaluate invoices for accuracy in partnership with accounts payable team.
- Determine when products are unusable or damaged and need to work with materials team on RMA's. Includes working with suppliers on end of service/product life strategies.
- Handle deliveries with short or over-ordered product, goods not received, and damaged items.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Warehouse Coordinating)
- Process – check in – tag all incoming materials and freight
- Work closely with purchasing, dispatch and service managers to review and follow-up on received items
- Manages stock control, receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery of goods; shipment loading and transferring; document recording and data entry into system.
- Assist with accurate inventory counts and review as needed.
- Returns all materials not required on a project or that were delivered incorrectly.
- Responsible for tool inventory and control: Tool transfers log in/out form, clean up, maintenance and repair of tools
- Updates and maintains inventory tool list, delivery of tools to the jobsite.
- Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating to senior leadership/c-suite levels
- Excellent analytical skills including being able to prepare business cases, cost/benefit analysis, purchase price variance scenarios, and more
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of refrigeration product and service purchasing policies and practices is helpful
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient typing skills to properly document dictation to update systems
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred
- HS Diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years warehouse experience required
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job generally operates in a clean, well-lit and climate controlled professional office environment with minimal physical hazards and noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, etc. Periodic overnight or day trip travel as well as the ability to tour worksites will be necessary for this position based upon the supported business units.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, drive, and use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to reach, stoop and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Coolsys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance
Purchasing agent, Procurement, Supply chain, Vendor management, Negotiation, Inventory control, Supplier relations, Strategic sourcing, Purchase orders, Cost analysis, Warehouse coordinator, Logistics, Inventory management, Shipping and receiving, Supply chain, Warehouse operations, Order fulfillment, Stock control, Distribution, Warehouse logistics #jm2024