Business Development Manager
With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
- Pay range from $80,000 to $100,000 Plus Commission
The Business Development Manager identifies, makes contact with and builds relationships with potential customers in order to win new, profitable business for CoolSys in their assigned geography. This position is accountable for meeting assigned revenue and profit targets.
The ideal candidate will reside in of these TX metro areas: Dallas / Fort Worth / Austin / San Antonio / Houston
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages entire sales process from lead generation through closing, effectively developing and managing sales pipeline to achieve annual sale target.
- Researches market to identify potential leads, under-served markets, and potential untapped and underutilized revenue opportunities that are aligned with the Company’s strategy.
- Forms relationships with customers resulting in profitable sales of CoolSys services to new customers.
- Works with VP of Business Development to develop an annual new customer and sales growth plan with monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
- Works with the VP of Business Development to proactively assess, clarify and validate customer and regional market needs on an ongoing basis.
- Complies with all required sales processes including operating within approved pricing parameters and keeping our CRM software (Salesforce) current.
- Complies with all customer on-boarding processes when adding new customers to company’s portfolio.
- Responsible for the successful on-boarding of new customers, including the transition to the Account Management team.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred, or solid work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience, including demonstrated success adding new customers to a company’s portfolio
- Ability to generate leads, develop sales strategies, manage all phases of sales process and close new business.
- Prior success selling service and maintenance agreements is preferred.
- Knowledge of grocery retail and convenience store industries is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial refrigeration and HVAC, is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience using Salesforce.com or a similar CRM software program is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism.
- Ability to interface across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule and the work schedules of others on a short-term and long-term basis in order to meet objectives.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts.
- Ability to travel 35% of the time.
Today, there are 22 different companies that make up the CoolSys family of brands. When you join CoolSys, you join a nationwide network of the country's best and most highly trained technicians. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
CoolSys is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. CoolSys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.