With over 150 years of experience, and headquartered in Southern CA, CoolSys is the market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational, healthcare, and industrial markets.
WHY JOIN US: We understand that hiring great people is the foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages include:
- Competitive pay ($130K-160K)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection
We are currently seeking a skilled HVAC Branch Manager with experience in the light commercial HVAC and Refrigeration industry.
The HVAC Branch Manager leads technicians who install, repair, and maintain HVAC and refrigeration systems for commercial customers. This manager routinely works directly with service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself as a senior company representative, the Branch Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates HVAC technicians to meet workload demands.
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customer expectations.
- Reviews technicians work, techniques, and safety requirements to ensure quality meets established standards, and makes recommendations to improve quality and productivity.
- Identifies training needs of staff and facilitates delivery of a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on the latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions.
- Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices. Ensures appropriate employee safety training and compliance is completed.
- Responsible for staff performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements.
- Responsible for working with technicians in the field and resolving customer’s and technician’s issues.
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements.
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used.
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy and maintains minimal accounts receivables.
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability.
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues.
- Monitors assigned service vehicles to ensure they are being maintained, operated according to company policy, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained.
- 5+ years of successful and recent HVAC and Refrigeration service management experience
- Two years technical training or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Ability to perform advanced level maintenance and service on HVAC and Refrigeration equipment
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn new systems
- EPA Universal Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to generate ideas and create processes to grow the service department
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work well with management, executive leadership, support staff, and technicians
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
Today, 22 different companies make up the CoolSys family of brands. Our valued employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Coolsys is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including all ages, colors, disabilities, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and MVR) and drug testing (including for marijuana) are required for all positions. Coolsys will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
HVAC Branch Manager, Service Management, HVAC Management, Branch Supervisor, HVAC Operations Manager, Service Branch Manager, HVAC Leadership, Refrigeration Branch Manager, HVAC Service Manager, Operations Supervisor, HVAC Director, Branch Operations Manager, Service Department Manager #jm2023